Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday: Because of Miss Bridgerton by Julia Quinn


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine which spotlights eagerly anticipated upcoming releases!

Julia Quinn is one of my favorite authors and the Bridgertons are one of my all-time favorite series (Romancing Mister Bridgerton is always on my Top Five list of books and I absolutely adore all eight books in the seires). I was ecstatic to learn that JQ is doing a new series that's (slightly) connected to the fabulous Bridgertons. Billie Bridgerton, the heroine of Because of Miss Bridgerton, is the aunt of the eight siblings I love so well and I cannot wait to read her tale! If you haven't read JQ, you're missing out. Run - don't walk - to get her Bridgerton series! They're funny, heartwarming, absolutely addictive historical romances :)

Because of Miss Bridgerton Cover Title: Because of Miss Bridgerton
Series: Rokesbys, Book 1
Author: Julia Quinn
Genre: Historical Romance
Publisher: Avon
Release Date: March 29, 2016
Julia Quinn Reading Order

Book Description (from Amazon):

Sometimes you find love in the most unexpected of places...

This is not one of those times.

Everyone expects Billie Bridgerton to marry one of the Rokesby brothers. The two families have been neighbors for centuries, and as a child the tomboyish Billie ran wild with Edward and Andrew. Either one would make a perfect husband... someday.

Sometimes you fall in love with exactly the person you think you should...

Or not.

There is only one Rokesby Billie absolutely cannot tolerate, and that is George. He may be the eldest and heir to the earldom, but he's arrogant, annoying, and she's absolutely certain he detests her. Which is perfectly convenient, as she can't stand the sight of him, either.

But sometimes fate has a wicked sense of humor...

Because when Billie and George are quite literally thrown together, a whole new sort of sparks begins to fly. And when these lifelong adversaries finally kiss, they just might discover that the one person they can't abide is the one person they can't live without...

4 comments:

Majanka Verstraete said...

What a gorgeous dress!

My WoW post.

a booklion's hideaway said...

How did I miss this book?! Awesome! I love Bridgerton series even though I can't remember who Billie is, I am looking forward to it! Thank you for sharing!!
My WoW
PS: New GFC follower!

Renee said...

Love the cover. Happy Reading!

Renee ~ My Wow

vvb32 reads said...

Nice pick. I read a Julia Quinn before and liked it. This one sounds like a fun one. But I should probably start at the start of the series.