Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Best Books of 2014

With 2015 fast approaching (Can you believe it?), it’s time to take a look back and pick out the best of the best. 2014 was a bit of an uneven year for me in terms of reading. I read 159 books, some of them fabulous…and some not so much. I rediscovered my love of contemporary romance, the subgenre that first hooked me on romance novels in general. I also tried 33 new (to me) authors, and found some new favorites (Jenn Bennett and Macy Beckett are among my new autobuy authors). And finally, I participated in my fifth A to Z Reading Challenge, a challenge I always enjoy.

I read a number of excellent books this year, but I did manage to narrow the list down so I could spotlight the best of the best that I read in 2014:

Wit and Sin Best Books of 2014

Top Ten Books of 2014
Top Re-Reads of 2014
Honorable Mentions


My Top Ten Books of 2014

Note: Not necessarily all published in 2014, but all were new-to-me reads
Also note: The books are alphabetized by title as I love them all equally

Barefoot in White Cover 1. Barefoot in White (Barefoot Bay Brides, Book 1) by Roxanne St. Claire
My Review | Buy Link





Bitter Spirits Cover 2. Bitter Spirits (Roaring Twenties, Book 1) by Jenn Bennett
My Review | Buy Link






Etiquette and Espionage Cover 3. Etiquette & Espionage (Finishing School, Book 1) by Gail Carriger
Buy Link






Festive in Death Cover 4. Festive in Death (In Death, Book 39) by J.D. Robb
My Review | Buy Link






High Noon Cover 5. High Noon by Nora Roberts
Buy Link






 Hyperbole and a Half Cover 6. Hyperbole and a Half: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That Happened by Allie Brosh
My Review | Buy Link





Make You Mine Cover 7. Make You Mine (Dumont Bachelors, Book 1) by Macy Beckett
My Review | Buy Link






A Marriage Most Convenient Cover 8. A Marriage Most Convenient by C.C. Galloway
My Review Coming Soon | Buy Link






Shield of Winter Cover 9. Shield of Winter (Psy-Changeling, Book 13) by Nalini Singh
My Review | Buy Link






Sin Undone Cover 10. Sin Undone (Demonica, Book 5) by Larissa Ione
Buy Link






My Top Re-Reads of 2014


Decadence Cover 1. Decadence (Emerald Valley, Book 1.5) by Riley Shane
Buy Link






Judgment in Death Cover 3. Judgment in Death (In Death, Book 11) by J.D. Robb
Buy Link






A Very Personal Trainer Cover 4. A Very Personal Trainer by Justine Elyot
My Review | Buy Link







Victorian Valentine Cover 7. Victorian Valentine by Riley Shane
Buy Link







Honorable Mentions

These books were also new-to-me reads in 2014 and they barely missed making my top ten list.

Alpha and Omega Cover 1. Alpha & Omega (Alpha & Omega, Book 0.5) by Patricia Briggs
Buy Link





Azagoth Cover 2. Azagoth (Demonica, Book 10.5 / Lords of Deliverance, Book 5.5) by Larissa Ione
Buy Link






Midnight Action Cover 3. Midnight Action (Killer Instincts, Book 5) by Elle Kennedy
My Review | Buy Link






Once in a Lifetime Cover 4. Once in a Lifetime (Lucky Harbor, Book 9) by Jill Shalvis
My Review | Buy Link






One in a Million Cover 5. One in a Million (Lucky Harbor, Book 12) by Jill Shalvis
My Review | Buy Link






Rules for a Proper Governess Cover 6. Rules for a Proper Governess by Jennifer Ashley
My Review | Buy Link






Show Me Baby Cover 7. Show Me, Baby (Masters of the Shadowlands, Book 9) by Cherise Sinclair
Buy Link






The Terrible and Wonderful Reasons Why I Run Long Distances Cover 8. The Terrible and Wonderful Reasons Why I Run Long Distances by Matthew Inman
Buy Link






This is Who I Am Cover 9. This Is Who I Am (Masters of the Shadowlands, Book 7) by Cherise Sinclair
My Review | Buy Link






Unleashing Mr Darcy Cover 10. Unleashing Mr. Darcy by Teri Wilson
My Review | Buy Link

0 comments: