Sunday, May 12, 2013

Review: Merger to Marriage by Addison Fox

Merger to Marriage by Addison Fox
Series: Boardrooms & Billionaires, Book 2
Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Genre: Contemporary Romance Merger to Marriage Cover
ISBN: 9781622660919
Release Date: May 13, 2013
Buy it here: Amazon | B&N
Addison Fox Reading Order

Mayson McBride has never been one to walk on the wild side. However, when Mayson meets Holt Turner — the handsome best friend of her new brother-in-law — at her sister’s wedding, she throws caution to the wind for a single night. It was the perfect night…until Mayson realizes that her plan for no-strings-attached sex had some life-changing consequences.

Holt can’t get Mayson out of his mind, but when he sees her again a few months after their one-night stand he’s shocked to learn that he’s going to be a father. For Holt, Mayson’s pregnancy sparks a need for permanency he’s never felt before. But Mayson doesn’t want a merger of a marriage, she wants love. Can Holt convince her there’s more between them than a baby? He might not have a chance, if someone from his past has their way…

Merger to Marriage is flirty, fun, and wholly entertaining. Author Addison Fox drew me into Mayson and Holt’s story from the very first page and I found myself devouring the tale in one fell swoop.

Mayson and Holt are two people brought together first by passion and then by the results of said passion. Though the news came as a shock to both of them, I like that both Mayson and Holt handled the surprise pregnancy in an adult manner. Holt’s desire to marry Mayson and protect her from his mother’s machinations is logical, particularly since Ms. Fox shows how ragingly manipulative his mother is. Though Holt screws up from time to time, I was rooting for him to realize he loves Mayson and wants to marry her for emotional as well as practical reasons. As for Mayson, she’s a heroine I have to adore. She’s smart, caring, and doesn’t back down from a fight. She and Holt are a great pair and the chemistry they have is palpable all throughout Merger to Marriage. The only thing that kept Merger to Marriage from being the perfect read (to me) was the plotline involving Holt’s mother. While I found this storyline to be interesting, the resolution of it was rushed and took place primarily offstage, which left me feeling a bit disappointed.

Merger to Marriage is the second book in Ms. Fox’s Boardrooms & Billionaires series, but it can easily be read as a standalone. Though I haven’t read the first book, Tempting Acquisitions, after finishing Merger to Marriage I’ll definitely be picking up Keira McBride’s story. I love all three McBride sisters and their relationship was every bit as compelling as the romance between Holt and Mayson. All in all, I recommend Merger to Marriage. Ms. Fox is an author whose books I adore and I can’t wait to read more about the fabulous McBrides!

0 comments: