Sunday, May 13, 2012

Review: Lethal Rider by Larissa Ione

Lethal Rider by Larissa Ione
Series: Lords of Deliverance, Book 3
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Genre: Paranormal Romance Lethal Rider Cover
Release Date: May 22, 2012
ISBN: 9780446574501
Buy it here: Amazon | B&N
Larissa Ione reading order: here

As the children of a succubus and an angel, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse are destined to either save the world from doomsday…or allow evil to overtake all if their Seals break.

Thanatos has spent countless centuries resisting temptation and remaining celibate, thinking that the loss of his virginity will cause his Seal to break. One fateful night ruins everything and Thanatos gives into his desire for the beautiful Aegis Guardian, Regan Cooper. Now, all that Thanatos knows has been upended and his world becomes even more complicated when he discovers he’s going to be a father. The clock is ticking down to the apocalypse and Thanatos must learn to work with the woman who betrayed them in order to protect their son and save the world. But to prevent doomsday from happening, will he have to risk losing the child he’s always wanted and the woman who calls to him like no other?

The stakes are higher than they’ve ever been in Lethal Rider! Larissa Ione’s penultimate Lords of Deliverance book is a wildly addictive story, filled with action, danger, passion, romance, and love.

Having fallen in love with the Lords of Deliverance series after reading the first two books, Eternal Rider and Immortal Rider, I had high expectations for Lethal Rider. How could I not, when Ms. Ione has so deftly woven the ultimate battle of good versus evil into a pulse-pounding series of paranormal romances? Lethal Rider more than lived up to my hopes. Thanatos and Regan are two strong protagonists whose inner vulnerabilities made me want to hug them… Until I realized that would be insane even if it were possible, considering how dangerous they both are. I loved watching these two warriors learn move past what has happened and work with one another to protect their child. There are so many moments of unexpected tenderness in Lethal Rider that simply melted me. It was also pure pleasure to see Regan and Thanatos fall in love. Quite simply, they’re perfect for each other so it was easy to become invested in their romance.

As for the looming threat of the apocalypse… Damn. There were moments I wasn’t sure how Ms. Ione was going to pull off Thanatos, Ares, Limos, and their allies defeating their brother, Pestilence. The second half of Lethal Rider in particular is impossible to put down — it’s that intense. I’m pretty sure I had a death-grip on my Kindle as I was reading. I won’t reveal any of what happens because it’s simply too much fun to discover on your own.

Lethal Rider is the third Lords of Deliverance book and though Ms. Ione provides enough information that readers new to the series can follow along, I highly recommend reading Eternal Rider and Immortal Rider first. Fans of Ms. Ione’s Demonica series will also surely be delighted to learn that most of those characters play supporting roles in Lethal Rider. I haven’t yet read the Demonica series, but I’m more eager than ever to do so!

Lethal Rider is an edge-of-your-seat read that will surely delight fans of paranormal romance. Eternal Rider, Immortal Rider, and Lethal Rider have all been such stellar reads that my only complaint is having to wait to read the next book. It’s been a long time since I’ve read a series that has me this intrigued by so many characters. I cannot wait to see what Ms. Ione does in Reseph’s book, Rogue Rider, and man, oh, man, Lethal Rider left me desperate to see more of my two favorite characters in the series, Reaver and Harvester.

I’m truly convinced that Ms. Ione’s talent for creating complex, fascinating characters is unparalleled. I love the blend of darkness and light in the Lords of Deliverance world and I simply cannot wait to see what unique, engaging book Larissa Ione delivers next!

0 comments: