Saturday, December 31, 2011

Best Books of 2011

2011 was another interesting year in Reading Land and it’s fun to look back at what I read and pick out my favorite books and authors of the year.

Number of books I read:289
Number of new-to-me authors whose books I read: 116
Other challenges I participated in: A to Z Reading Challenge
Favorite authors of 2011: Cameron Dane, Elizabeth Hoyt, J.D. Robb, and Riley Shane
Favorite new-to-me authors of 2011: C.C. Galloway, DJ Gross, Larissa Ione, and Nicole Sheldon

Now comes the fun part - taking stock and picking the best of the best. I read so many great books this year that it was reaaaaaly hard to categorize this part:

My Top Twenty Books of 2011 (new-to-me-books)
My Top Re-Reads of 2011
Honorable Mentions

My Top Twenty Books of 2011

Note: Not necessarily all published in 2011 but all were new-to-me reads
Also note: The books are alphabetized by title as I love them all equally

Beneath the Shield Cover 1. Beneath the Shield by Diana DeRicci
Buy Link






Blood Rose Cover 2. Blood Rose (Realm of Nine, Book 1) by Riley Shane
Buy Link






Celebrity in Death Cover 3. Celebrity in Death (In Death, Book 34) by J.D. Robb
Pre-Order Link






Chasing Alex Cover 4. Chasing Alex by Riley Shane
Buy Link






Come Unto These Yellow Sands Cover 5. Come Unto These Yellow Sands by Josh Lanyon
My Review | Buy Link






Hail Mary Cover 6. Hail Mary by C.C. Galloway
My Review | Buy Link






Immortal Rider Cover 7. Immortal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, Book 2) by Larissa Ione
My Review | Buy Link






International Relations Cover 8. International Relations (International Relations, Book 1) by Riley Shane
Buy Link






The Kosher Guide to Imaginary Animals Cover 9. The Kosher Guide to Imaginary Animals by Ann VanderMeer and Jeff VanderMeer
Buy Link






New York to Dallas Cover 10. New York to Dallas (In Death, Book 33) by J.D. Robb
My Review | Buy Link






No Mercy Cover 11. No Mercy (Dark Hunters, Book 29) by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Buy Link






The Palisade Cover 12. The Palisade by George Seaton
Buy Link






Quick to the Hunt Cover 13. Quick to the Hunt (Hawkins Ranch, Book 7) by Cameron Dane
My Review | Buy Link






Scandalous Desires Cover 14. Scandalous Desires (Maiden Lane, Book 3) by Elizabeth Hoyt
My Review | Buy Link






Simply Irresistible Cover 15. Simply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor, Book 1) by Jill Shalvis
My Review | Buy Link






Stolen Justice Cover 16. Stolen Justice by DJ Gross
My Review | Buy Link






Two-Man Advantage Cover 17. Two-Man Advantage (Seattle Marauders, Book 1) by Riley Shane
Buy Link






Unlikely Protector Cover 18. Unlikely Protector by Nicole Sheldon
My Review | Buy Link





Wicked Intentions Cover 19. Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, Book 1) by Elizabeth Hoyt
My Review | Buy Link






Winter Wonderland Cover 20. Winter Wonderland (International Relations, Book 2) by Riley Shane
Buy Link








My Top Re-Reads of 2011


Aidan and Ethan Cover 1. Aidan & Ethan (Seeking Redemption, Book 1) by Cameron Dane
Buy Link






The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie Cover 2. The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (Highland Pleasures, Book 1) by Jennifer Ashley
My Review | Buy Link






The Taste of Magick Cover 3. The Taste of Magick by Riley Shane
Buy Link








Honorable Mentions

These books barely missed making the top twenty list but they’re excellent.

The Closer You Get Cover 1. The Closer You Get (Distance Between Us, Book 2) by L.A. Witt My Review | Buy Link






Eternal Rider Cover 2. Eternal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, Book 1) by Larissa Ione
My Review | Buy Link






Finding Deaglan Cover 3. Finding Deaglan by George Seaton
Buy Link






Just Like Heaven Cover 4. Just Like Heaven (Smythe-Smith Quartet, Book 1) by Julia Quinn
My Review | Buy Link






Kiss of Snow Cover 5. Kiss of Snow (Psy-Changelings, Book 10) by Nalini Singh
My Review | Buy Link






Prior Sins Cover 6. Prior Sins by DJ Gross
My Review | Buy Link






Treachery in Death Cover 7. Treachery in Death (In Death, Book 32) by J.D. Robb
Buy Link

0 comments: