Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Unacceptable Risk by Jeanette Grey


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine which spotlights eagerly anticipated upcoming releases!

I admit, it was the cover for this book that caught my attention first. I haven't read a lot of cyberpunk and I'm always interested in finding cyberpunk romances, which is why I'm looking forward to reading Unacceptable Risk.

Unacceptable Risk Cover Title: Unacceptable Risk
Author: Jeanette Grey
Genre: Cyberpunk Romance
Publisher: Samhain Publishing
Release Date: December 13, 2011

Book Description (from Samhain's website):

She may learn to live for love…if vengeance doesn’t kill her first.

Plix spends her lonely, gritty life trying to solve the mysteries her father left behind. Armed with a variety of cybernetic enhancements and a talent for getting into places she shouldn’t be, she searches for clues to his murder—and who’s responsible for poisoning her city.

Waking up on a street corner with her brain wiring fried to a crisp, she figures she must have gotten close this time. There’s only one man she trusts to pull her back from the brink: a tuner who can retrieve the evidence hidden deep in the recesses of her mind. A man she dares not let too close to her heart.

When Edison downloads a secret SynDate schematic from Plix’s burnt-out circuitry, he knows with dreadful finality that nothing—not even the fiery kiss he’s been holding back for years—will stop her from pursuing her quest past the point of insanity.

All he can do, as he helps her plan her final mission, is ease her pain, watch her back…and hope one of them doesn’t pay with their lives.

Product Warnings: Contains a heroine intent on kicking ass and taking names, a high-tech dystopia, cybernetic body modifications, and emotionally charged, sensual romance.

7 comments:

RJ @ RJ Does Books! said...

Hmm.. I've never heard of Cyberpunk before! :O! Great choice!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

RJ @ RJ Does Books!

Anonymous said...

Cyberpunk =D Great choice - the cover looks lovely, too.

My WoW: http://theawesomemagicattic.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday-sweet-evil.html

Unknown said...

I haven't read cyberpunk in ages, it's probably time for me to give it another go. I'm a new follower, please check out my WoW post.

Anna @ Wandering Librarians

JC Jones said...

I have read several of this genre before and liked them. I will look for this one. Here is my WOW:

http://mixedbookbag.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday-wow-november-30.html

Fireflywishes said...

How interesting! I've never heard of cyberpunk before! I can see why the cover caught your eye - I love a kick ass female lead!

Thanks for dropping by my blog the other day :)

Samual said...

I haven't heard of this book before. I like the sound of it! Nice cover! Great choice! Thank you for sharing it!

Sam
Books For All Seasons

Unknown said...

Interesting choice!

Check out my WOW
http://somelikeitparanormall.blogspot.com/2011/11/weekly-meme-hosted-by-breaking-spine.html