Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Blood of the Rose


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine which spotlights eagerly anticipated upcoming releases!

I'm a big fan of Kate Pearce, I love paranormals, and I spent a lot of time studying Tudor England in college, so how could I not be looking forward to her second Tudor Vampire Chronicles book?

Note: If you're interested in Blood of the Rose, make sure you read Kiss of the Rose first.

Blood of the Rose Cover Title: Blood of the Rose
Author: Kate Pearce
Series: The Tudor Vampire Chronicles, Book 2
Genre: Historical Paranormal Romance
Publisher: Signet
Release Date: 1 February 2011

Book Description (from Kate Pearce's website):

When Rosalind Llewellyn had to join forces with her enemy, Christopher Ellis to defeat a rogue Vampire threatening Henry VIII, their alliance led to a surprising passion. Reunited after a years separation, they face a new threat that could destroy their last chance at happiness.

Christopher is delighted by the spectacular rise at court of his friends George and Anne Boleyn. But Rosalind suspects Lady Anne is up to no good-she may even be a Vampire who’s bewitched the king. Now Rosalind must fight to keep Christopher from falling under the woman’s mysterious spell. It isn’t until Anne reveals a dark secret that Christopher awakens to where the true danger lies-and he begins to play a desperate game in order to save the woman he loves…

8 comments:

Carissa said...

Wow! How did I miss this series? Looks very interesting. Great pick!

Unknown said...

I've never heard of this series, but it combines two of my favorite things! Great pick!

June G said...

The cover alone has me sucked in! Very interesting choice. Nice!

Unknown said...

Nice pick!I'll definitely check this series!Thanks for sharing :)

TheBookGirl said...

How great that you found a series that combines two of your favorite things :)

Hope you enjoy it when it comes out.

Anonymous said...

here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/01/waiting-on-wednesday_12.html

BLHmistress said...

This series sounds fantastic, I think this will be a must buy for me. Thanks for putting it on my radar.

My WOW

Angela said...

I've been meaning to read the first one in this series, thank you for reminding me of it! Great pick :)