Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Soulless: The Manga, Vol. 2 by Gail Carriger


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine which spotlights eagerly anticipated upcoming releases!

I adore Gail Carriger's Parasol Protectorate series, and though I don't generally like manga I loved the first volume of the Soulless manga. Next week Volume 2 comes out and this volume covers the second Parasol Protectorate book, Changeless. The manga volumes can't replace the books, but they're fantastic companions to the series.

Soulless the Manga Vol 2 Cover Title: Soulless: The Manga, Vol. 2
Series: The Parasol Protectorate Manga, Vol. 2
Author: Gail Carriger
Genre: Steampunk, Manga
Publisher: Yen Press
Release Date: November 20, 2012

Book Description (from Goodreads):

Alexia Tarabotti, the Lady Woolsey, awakens in the wee hours of the mid-afternoon to find her husband, who should be decently asleep like any normal werewolf, yelling at the top of his lungs. Then he disappears - leaving her to deal with a regiment of supernatural soldiers encamped on her doorstep, a plethora of exorcised ghosts, and an angry Queen Victoria. But Alexia is armed with her trusty parasol, the latest fashions, and an arsenal of biting civility. Even when her investigations take her to Scotland, the backwater of ugly waistcoats, she is prepared: upending werewolf pack dynamics as only the soulless can. She might even find time to track down her wayward husband, if she feels like it.

5 comments:

Annabelle Marie Veronica said...

I love manga adaptations! I just recently read the manga for Clockwork Angel and absolutely loved it. I've never heard of this series but I'll be sure to check it out! I love manga, so if nothing else I'll read that :) Wonderful pick!

And thanks a bunch for dropping by! x

Kristin @ Addicted to HEA said...

I saw the first Protectorate Manga and I thought the cover was so freaking amazing that it made me go buy the actual first book in the series. Of course, it still sits on my TBR b/c I can't seem to get to any of my own reads (grrrrrr). This cover is beautiful, too!!!

Great pick!! My WoW

btw - you might want to turn off your Captcha unless there's a very specific reason why you have it on. A lot of people hate it.

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

Nice pick.... my son loves manga :)
Enjoy! My WoW

Traci @ The Reading Geek said...

Great pick! I haven't read much manga but what I have read, I've really enjoyed! This sounds really great though! :)

Thanks for visiting my post!

Miss Vain's Paranormal Fantasy said...

Hi Kat,

I love this manga cover!!! What an awesome read!:-) Thanks for visiting my WOW! I hope you love this book once you get it. Have a great week.