Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Calculated in Death by J.D. Robb


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine which spotlights eagerly anticipated upcoming releases!

Pretty much everyone knows I'm a huge fan of the In Death series, which means it should come as no surprise that I'm incredibly excited for Eve Dallas's next case in Calculated in Death. I'd say this one sounds fantastic, but I say that about all of them (and I'm almost always right) ;)

Calculated in Death Cover Title: Calculated in Death
Series: In Death, Book 36
Author: J.D. Robb
Genre: Futuristic Mystery/Suspense
Publisher: Putnam Adult
Release Date: February 26, 2013
J.D. Robb Reading Order

Book Description (from Goodreads):

On Manhattan's Upper East Side a woman lies dead at the bottom of the stairs, stripped of all her valuables. Most cops might call it a mugging gone wrong, but Lieutenant Eve Dallas knows better.

A well-off accountant and a beloved wife and mother, Marta Dickenson doesn't seem the type to be on anyone's hit list. But when Eve and her partner, Peabody, find blood inside the building, the lieutenant knows Marta's murder was the work of a killer who's trained, but not professional or smart enough to remove all the evidence.

But when someone steals the files out of Marta's office, Eve must immerse herself in her billionaire husband Roarke's world of big business to figure out who's cruel and callous enough to hire a hit on an innocent woman. And as the killer's violent streak begins to escalate, Eve knows she has to draw him out, even if it means using herself as bait...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Book 36 in a series??? Gee! :DDD

My WOW this week!

Anonymous said...

Thx for stopping by on my blog Kat. I also love the series you mention in the comment. But I haven’t read Psy-Changelings series, it still in my to be read list.

I'm fan of Nora Roberts but just started reading In Death series about 2 months ago and now I Stuck in book 8.

http://myromancelandia.wordpress.com/2012/11/28/waiting-on-wednesday-4/#comment-93

Unknown said...

I listened to one book from this series on audio and it was good! At the time I had no idea what a huge series it was. Since each book deals with a different case I didn't even notice lol but it was a good mystery!
My WOW

Bob/Sally said...

Wow . . . 36 books is quite a commitment, but I really do need to give this series a chance at some point. Nice pick!

Here's my WOW

Anonymous said...

While I've never read a book in this series my boss has, and she just had a complete fan girl attack reading this post. Thanks for making me laugh at my boss :)

please check out my WOW at Read. Sleep. Repeat.