Saturday, December 31, 2016

Best Books of 2016

2017 is fast approaching and with it comes a ton of books that I absolutely cannot wait to read. But before I dive into what’s coming, it’s time to take a look back at the books of 2016. I read 152 books this year, many of which I loved and fortunately only a few that I don’t care to revisit. I tried 33 new (to me) authors, and found some amazing authors whose books I cannot do without (Kerrigan Byrne, Samanthe Beck, Valerie Bowman, Kristi Charish, Chanel Cleeton, Stacy Reid, Tiffany Reisz, and Katee Robert are now on my autobuy list). And finally, I participated in my seventh A to Z Reading Challenge, a fun challenge that usually leads me to at least a couple of books I might not have moved to the top of my TBR pile otherwise.

I was fortunate enough to read a number of fantastic books this year, so it was incredibly difficult to pick my favorites. Try as I might, I couldn’t narrow it down to a top ten list, so this year it’s going to be the top sixteen books that I read in 2016:


Top Sixteen Books of 2016
Top Re-Reads of 2016


My Top Sixteen Books of 2016

Note: My picks weren’t all published in 2016, but all were new-to-me reads for the year.
Also note: The books are alphabetized by author as I love them all equally.


1. Magic Binds (Kate Daniels, Book 9) by Ilona Andrews
My Review | Purchase Link






2. Rock Chick Reckoning (Rock Chick, Book 6) by Kristen Ashley
My Review | Purchase Link




3. The Highwayman (Victorian Rebels, Book 1) by Kerrigan Byrne
Purchase Link






4. The Hunter (Victorian Rebels, Book 2) by Kerrigan Byrne
Purchase Link






5. The Voodoo Killings (Kincaid Strange, Book 1) by Kristi Charish
Purchase Link




6. Fly with Me (Wild Aces, Book 1) by Chanel Cleeton
My Review | Purchase Link






7. Duke of Sin (Maiden Lane, Book 10) by Elizabeth Hoyt
My Review | Purchase Link






8. The Study of Seduction (Sinful Suitors, Book 2) by Sabrina Jeffries
My Review | Purchase Link






9. The Goal (Off-Campus, Book 4) by Elle Kennedy
My Review | Purchase Link






10. Den of Wolves (Blackthorn & Grim, Book 3) by Juliet Marillier
My Review | Purchase Link






11. His Royal Secret (His Royal Secret, Book 1) by Lilah Pace
My Review Coming Soon | Purchase Link






12. 'Til Death Do Us Part by Amanda Quick
My Review | Purchase Link






13. Accidentally Compromising the Duke (Wedded by Scandal, Book 1) by Stacy Reid
My Review | Purchase Link





14. Her Naughty Holiday (Men at Work, Book 2) by Tiffany Reisz
My Review | Purchase Link






15. The Perfect Fit (Riley O’Brien & Co., Book 2.5) by Jenna Sutton
My Review | Purchase Link






16. Tied Score (Slices of Pi, Book 2) by Elia Winters
My Review | Purchase Link









My Top Re-Reads of 2016


1. Rock Chick (Rock Chick, Book 1) by Kristen Ashley
Purchase Link




2. The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark, Book 1) by Kresley Cole
My Review | Purchase Link
Note: This story is now available in the Blood Red Kiss anthology




3. Judgment in Death (In Death, Book 11) by J.D. Robb
Purchase Link

2 comments:

Lover Of Romance said...

oh so many good ones you listed here!!!

I definitely am in love with Kerrigan Byrne, she is one of the best HR authors I have ever read. I just read Duke of Sin today and LOVED it. So different but fun. I am impressed with The Goal. So dang good. Glad you liked that one too.

I see that I will need to pick up His Royal Secret, since I have read so many good recommendations on that one.

Kimberly said...

I hope you like His Royal Secret! I'm so excited to read the sequel, but I want to have uninterrupted reading time to enjoy it.

Glad you liked a lot of the same books! It was really hard narrowing down the "best of" list this year, but that's always a good problem to have :)