Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: The Last Boyfriend by Nora Roberts


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine which spotlights eagerly anticipated upcoming releases!

I'm a HUGE Nora Roberts fan and I absolutely love her newest trilogy. Book 1, The Next Always, was such a delightful, comforting read that I recently re-read it. Downside? I can't wait for book 2, The Last Boyfriend.

The Last Boyfriend Cover Title: The Last Boyfriend
Series: The Inn BoonsBoro, Book 2
Author: Nora Roberts
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Berkley Trade
Release Date: May 1, 2012

Book Description (from Goodreads):

Owen is the organizer of the Montgomery clan, running the family's construction business with an iron fist - and an even less flexible spreadsheet. And though his brothers bust on his compulsive list-making, the Inn BoonsBoro is about to open right on schedule. The only thing Owen didn't plan for was Avery McTavish

Avery's popular pizza place is right across the street from the inn, giving her a first-hand look at its amazing renovation - and a newfound appreciation for Owen. Since he was her first boyfriend when they were kids, Owen has never been far from Avery's thoughts. But the attraction she's feeling for him now is far from innocent.

As Avery and Owen cautiously take their relationship to another level, the opening of the inn gives the whole town of Boonsboro a reason to celebrate. But Owen's hard work has only begun. Getting Avery to let down her guard is going to take longer than he expected - and so will getting her to realize that her first boyfriend is going to be her last...

13 comments:

Ashley @ Ashley Loves Books said...

Even though I love all types of romance, I was never able to get into Nora Roberts - though admittedly I think I only ever read 2 of her plethora of books! I like the sound of this one though, maybe I should try this series and see if that'll win me over to her...

Thanks for sharing!

The Book Rogue said...

Nora Roberts is usually a good choice - if you are a fan of hers, that is. i'm sure you'll enjoy this read!

SQT said...

I've never read Nora Roberts before-- but this does sound sweet. Thanks for stopping by!

Laura BurgandyIce said...

May!! I guess that'll come up soon enough! :-) -Burgandy Ice

Unknown said...

It's been a while since I've read any of Nora Robert's books. Looks like it's time to change that. Thanks for spotlighting this one.
And thanks for visiting my blog!

Unabridged Bookshelf said...

I have to say I have yet to read a book by Nora Roberts! I have heard wonderful things, I just have never picked up one of her books. I guess that is something I need to do and soon! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog!

Van Pham said...

I haven't read a Nora Roberts book either, will try one..one day.

Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Laura @ My Enchanted Bookshelf said...

I love Nora Roberts; and I saw the first book in this series and it sounded good - I'm curious to see reviews now - time to head over to GR :)) New follower; feel free to check out My WoW

Book Sake said...

I've never read a Nora Roberts book before, but this series sounds good.

Our WoW is at Book Sake. –Jessica

Unknown said...

I heard this series is based on an Inn she really owns. I haven't read the first one yet, but I just love a good Nora sometimes. I may have to break out the Bride Quartet again soon. :)

Jennifer said...

I hope you enjoy it. Gorgeous cover.

Krazzyme(Young Readers) said...

Hmm... looks interesting :)
Thanks for stopping by

Krazyyme @ Young Readers

Carina Olsen said...

Oh, seems like a great book ;) Awesome pick :D Hope you'll love it :)
Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
Love, Carina @ Carina's Books