Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: The Saint by Monica McCarty

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I've been re-reading my absolute favorite series, J.D. Robb's In Death series, so at the moment I'm in the middle of book 3, Immortal in Death. It's been so long since I've re-read the early books. I love re-visiting all the characters back when they're all so new to one another :)

Teaser:
"In that moment when she was giving him exactly what he wanted--what he thought he wanted--he knew it wasn't what he wanted at all. And what he'd wanted, he'd lost."
*The Saint by Monica McCarty, page 296 of arc copy (book releases 3/27/12)


Book Description:
The Saint CoverRobert the Bruce consolidates lands and loyalty in a bold war for Scotland’s independence, as his elite team of warriors, the Highland Guard, fight for king, country... and love.

Magnus MacKay is the ultimate Highlander: tough, proud, able to master any terrain, and best even the most ferocious enemy. Called “Saint” for his refusal to discuss women, as well as for his cool and steady leadership, Magnus’s war name hides a far more painful truth. It isn’t virtue or piety that keeps him silent, but a wound of love and loss that cuts so deep he cannot bear to speak of it. But when the woman who refused him is betrothed to his friend and fellow Guardsman, Magnus is tested by love’s battle cry.

A wild and innocent beauty, Helen chose family duty over her desire for Magnus. Now the anger in his eyes mirrors the tormented regret of her heart. But as deadly subterfuge stalks the King and his Guard, Helen vows to right her youthful mistakes with a woman’s determined spirit. Still, Magnus harbors secrets and an iron will not to weaken to temptation—or heartache—again. But as danger looms, it’s not the kiss of a saint, but a sinner, that can save them.

12 comments:

Shelley Munro said...

There's a lot of want in this guy!
Good teaser.

Here's My Teaser

creativedeeds said...

I haven't checked this series out yet. Great teaser! Thanks for stopping by mine this morning!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Sounds enticing! Thanks for sharing.

Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

Ning said...

Haven't heard of this either, but sounds really interesting. I'm always up for a good historical romance. Thanks for stopping by.

Ning @ Reading by Kindle Fire

Sandy Nachlinger said...

I haven't read any of the books in the "In Death" series, but now I will. Thanks for a great teaser. Here's mine: Sandy's Teaser

JC Jones said...

Very good teaser. Reminds me of a Star Trek episode where Mr Spock said something similar to the woman who was suppose to be his wife but tried to have him killed instead.

Here is mine:

http://mixedbookbag.blogspot.com/2012/03/teaser-tuesday-march-20-2012.html

Book Savvy Babe said...

I read the first book in the series, I need to catch up.... thanks for stopping by my Tt :) Book Savvy Babe

Jennifer said...

I haven't heard of this one before but it sounds great. Definitely going to check it out.

Unknown said...

Great teaser! I always like checking these out.
Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog!

Unknown said...

HI,

Love your teaser. I have not read this series yet but I definitely need to check it out. Sexy cover :)

Come check out my teaser at Belle's Book Bag. It is only my second one, so I would like to see what you think.

The_Book_Queen said...

Just found your blog today (through a WoW post on another site) and I'm having a blast--so many great posts, I've got a lot of catching up to do! :)

I loved "The Saint"! :) And this quote shows just how great Mangus is. *SIGH*

Actually, my review for Saint just went up today, if anyone's interested. Plus, I'll have Monica on my blog April 4th for an interview--and I'll be giving away one copy of the book to a lucky commenter!

Sorry, I can see how all that seems like I am trying to push my own blog on another. I really don't mean to--but I thought with so many readers interested in the book here, perhaps they'd like to see a bit more about it. :)

Enjoy!
TBQ
TBQ's Book Palace

The_Book_Queen said...

Just found your blog today (through a WoW post on another site) and I'm having a blast--so many great posts, I've got a lot of catching up to do! :)

I loved "The Saint"! :) And this quote shows just how great Mangus is. *SIGH*

Actually, my review for Saint just went up today, if anyone's interested. Plus, I'll have Monica on my blog April 4th for an interview--and I'll be giving away one copy of the book to a lucky commenter!

Sorry, I can see how all that seems like I am trying to push my own blog on another. I really don't mean to--but I thought with so many readers interested in the book here, perhaps they'd like to see a bit more about it. :)

Enjoy!
TBQ
TBQ's Book Palace