Sunday, January 8, 2012

Review: Stolen Justice by DJ Gross

Stolen Justice by DJ Gross
Publisher: DJ Gross
Genre: Romantic Suspense Stolen Justice Cover
ISBN: 9780983619901
Blue Ribbon Rating: 5 out of 5
Original Review Link
Book Purchase Link

JT Flynn once headed a team of thieves who stole from criminals. After losing a team member, however, JT quits the thieving business and takes up running his family’s hotel. His peaceful existence is threatened when a gorgeous blonde with a gun in her hand and a laptop by her side blackmails JT into helping her.

Hacker Laura Danvers is determined to put a stop to millionaire Rob Autrey’s money laundering business. She needs JT and his team to divert Autrey’s attention by stealing a Van Gogh, and she’s desperate enough to threaten JT to do it. She’s planned for everything…except her sizzling attraction to JT.

Neither can afford the distraction their desire for one another brings, especially not when the mission’s danger increases ten-fold. The clock is ticking, and JT and Laura must work together to bring a dangerous criminal to justice.

IN-CRE-DI-BLE. That was the thought constantly running through my head as I read STOLEN JUSTICE. STOLEN JUSTICE is one of the best books I’ve read this year! With her debut novel, author DJ Gross has skyrocketed to the top of my auto-buy list. I absolutely loved everything about this book; the characters, the action, the romance…STOLEN JUSTICE is seriously top-notch.

JT and Laura are both wonderfully likeable characters who have to walk a fine line between right and wrong. Ms. Gross had me loving both of them from the start, so it was easy to become invested in STOLEN JUSTICE from the beginning. The chemistry between them is red-hot and even the non-romantic aspects of their relationship just plain worked for me. As for the rest of JT’s team, man, I am in love. The group clicks as a whole and the personalities of all the supporting characters are distinct. In particular, Ms. Gross had me almost crying over two team members, Mandy and Thomas. I LOVE this pair and, even if the rest of STOLEN JUSTICE hadn’t been utterly fantastic, I would be dying for a sequel just to see how these two continue to develop.

STOLEN JUSTICE is one of the very few books I’ve read that kept me guessing. There was even a scene where Ms. Gross crafted such a well-placed surprise that I actually shouted in shock. With STOLEN JUSTICE, Ms. Gross has raised the bar for romantic suspense novels. STOLEN JUSTICE is dynamite, and I am praying Ms. Gross writes a sequel!


Note: My review was written for Romance Junkies and is cross-posted here with permission from Romance Junkies.

0 comments: