Saturday, November 23, 2019

Review: The Boss Who Stole Christmas by Jana Aston

The Boss Who Stole Christmas by Jana Aston
Series: Reindeer Falls, Book 1
Publisher: Rutherford Press
Genre: Contemporary Romance
ASIN: B07ZV9C9Q9
Source: Purchased by Reviewer
Buy it here: Amazon | Audible

Dear Santa,

Please bring me a new boss for Christmas. Mine is the worst. The worst, hidden in a six foot tall package of male perfection. It’d be easier if he looked like an old Scrooge, wouldn’t it?

Nick Saint-Croix doesn’t look like an old scrooge. He’s hot as-

Um, never mind. Just bring me a new boss. Please.

Sincerely,
Holly Winter

Holly Winter loves Christmas, her hometown of Reindeer Falls, and her dream job at Flying Reindeer Toy Company. What she doesn’t love is her new boss, Nick Saint-Croix, the Grinch of Reindeer Falls. She has no idea why Nick took over the toy company after his uncle retired; the man has “big city” written all over him. But perhaps there is more to Nick than Holly sees…

The Boss Who Stole Christmas is capital “A” Adorable. It’s bright, cheerful, sexy, and just plain fun to read. I adored Jana Aston’s world of Reindeer Falls and cannot wait to see more of it.

Poor Nick. He’s pretty much the perfect hero and Holly’s assumptions about him have to hurt. Nick is far more caring, considerate, and kind than Holly gives him credit for and it’s clear from the start he and Holly are a perfect match in every way. On the one hand, if Holly hadn’t been convinced Nick was a Grinch then there would be no story. On the other, her image of him didn’t have much of a basis so I wanted to shake her a few times and it kept this story from being a solid five star read. In any other story Holly’s dogged determination to cast Nick in a bad light might have soured me and made me want to yell at Nick that he deserved more. But aside from her bias against Nick, Holly was a charming and fun heroine. She’s bright and full of passion and great ideas for the Flying Reindeer Toy Company. Her bright-eyed love of Christmas made me smile and Ms. Aston makes this story so bright and charming that I was willing to go along and wait for Holly to see the real Nick. I loved watching her come to see the man beneath the suit – and what a deliciously sexy man he was.

The Boss Who Stole Christmas is supremely sweet with a kick of spice. It’s never cloying but genuinely warm-hearted in its holiday cheer. I can’t wait to read more about Reindeer Falls and I really liked Holly’s sister Ginger, so I’m eager to dive into her story, If You Give a Jerk a Gingerbread.


FTC Disclosure: This book was purchased by me. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

0 comments: