Friday, September 20, 2013

Review: Drawn Together by Lauren Dane

Drawn Together by Lauren Dane
Series: Brown Family, Book 6
Publisher: Berkley Trade
Genre: Erotic Contemporary Romance with Light D/s Drawn Together Cover
Release Date: October 1, 2013
ISBN: 9780425256091
Buy it here: Amazon | B&N

Tattoo artist Raven Smith is rough, blunt, and somewhat broken. Her past has made it incredibly difficult for her to get close to people, and she certainly has no plans to risk her heart in a monogamous relationship. Then she meets Jonah Warner and her world is turned upside down. Jonah’s a hot-as-sin attorney who falls hard and fast for Raven and doesn’t let her hide from him. He wants everything from her, and that makes Raven want to run scared. But if she gives the whole of herself to Jonah, he just might be the one to help her heal.

Drawn Together is a sexy, emotional read. I found it easy to like Raven; she’s straightforward and takes no sh*t, but there’s a vulnerability to her that breaks your heart. She’s been through the wringer more than once, and as a result, she’s emotionally damaged and has a hard time trusting or giving all of herself. I really enjoyed watching Raven start to heal over the course of Drawn Together. Jonah is the catalyst for her change. I loved that he doesn’t back down from what he wants from Raven, but he also doesn’t push her too far. Jonah’s the perfect mix of alpha male and caring partner. Their relationship is beautifully drawn by author Lauren Dane, who doesn’t stint on eroticism even as Raven and Jonah deal with heavy issues.

Drawn Together is the sixth book in the Brown Family series, but as I have not yet read the previous five stories, I can safely say that Raven and Jonah’s book can be read as a standalone. Most of the previous Brown Family heroes and heroines (plus some of their children) play strong supporting roles in Drawn Together, which is sure to delight fans of the series. Raven’s best friend, Erin (of Laid Bare and Laid Open), does tend to overtake the scenes she’s in, which possibly drew me out of the story a touch since I haven’t read Erin’s books and thus have no real connection to her. Even with that minor niggle, I adored Drawn Together and I’m looking forward to reading more Brown Family novels!

2 comments:

Glass said...

I read first book of this series but I didn't like it that much. A lot of people told me that I should read rest of the books because they are much better, but I don't know. This one looks interesting and I might even check it out if it can be read as standalone.
Great review.

Glass @ Way Too Hot Books

Kimberly said...

Thanks Glass!

I don't think I'm going to read the first book in the series because I wasn't too wild about Erin. But I definitely want to check out some of the other books. Drawn Together can be read as a standalone, so I would recommend giving it a try :)