Saturday, May 12, 2012

Review: Born to Be Wild by Elle Kennedy

Born to Be Wild by Elle Kennedy
Series: Welcome to Paradise, Book 3
Publisher: Samhain Publishing
Genre: Erotic Contemporary Romance Born to Be Wild Cover
ISBN: 9781609289669
Blue Ribbon Rating: 5 out of 5
Original Review Link
Book Purchase Link
Elle Kennedy Reading Order

Jake Bishop has always been seen as the town bad boy. Bree Lockhart has always been seen as the town good girl. And no one but them knows about the three wild, reckless months they spent as lovers back in high school. Twelve years have passed and both Bree and Jake have gone their separate ways. But when Bree comes home and is roped into going up on the stage for a charity auction, she’s shocked to discover Jake bidding — and winning — a date with her. The intervening years since high school haven’t dimmed their desire for one another. Bree knows their reunion is only temporary, but Jake seems to be after something more. Can this good girl trust her heart to the bad boy she’s never been able to forget?

BORN TO BE WILD is an insanely addictive story! How addictive? I opened the file to read the blurb on my cellphone and – despite having a fully functioning computer and Kindle – ended up reading the entire book on my phone. I could NOT put it down.

Author Elle Kennedy knows how to write a hot book, but BORN TO BE WILD is off-the-charts erotic! Jake and Bree have sizzling chemistry that practically sweeps them off of their feet…and me, the reader, along with them. But as much as I enjoyed the raw passion of BORN TO BE WILD, it is Jake and Bree themselves that make the story memorable. Jake is wickedly sensual and a soldier to the core, but not many people expect much from him. Bree sees Jake for who he truly is, and I loved learning about him through her eyes. Bree, in turn, is a brilliant woman who has learned to stand her ground when others try to push her around. I respected and liked Bree immensely, so it was easy for me to become invested in her romance with Jake.

BORN TO BE WILD is the third Bishop brothers story in Ms. Kennedy’s WELCOME TO PARADISE series, but it can be read as a standalone. Fans of the series will, however, enjoy revisiting some of their favorite characters. And to my everlasting delight, the overarching series subplot involving Cooper and Lexie moves forward in BORN TO BE WILD, though I definitely won’t spoil what happens there.

I absolutely loved BORN TO BE WILD; it’s scorching, sweet and wholly entertaining. I finished Bree and Jake’s story wanting nothing more than to re-read it, which is always the mark of a great book. Ms. Kennedy is an auto-buy author for me and with stories like BORN TO BE WILD, it’s easy to see why. I can’t wait for the next WELCOME TO PARADISE book!


Note: My review was written for Romance Junkies and is cross-posted here with permission from Romance Junkies.

0 comments: