Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Darker Still and Psychic Moon


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine which spotlights eagerly anticipated upcoming releases!

Once again, I have two very different books I'm waiting on this week. Both are by authors I've never read before and both are paranormal. One, however, is a male/male romance and the other is a YA historical.

Darker Still Cover Title: Darker Still
Series: Magic Most Foul, Book 1
Author: Leanna Renee Hieber
Genre: YA Paranormal Historical
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Release Date: November 1, 2011

Book Description (from Amazon.com):

The Picture of Dorian Gray meets Pride and Prejudice, with a dash of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

New York City, 1882. Seventeen-year-old Natalie Stewart's latest obsession is a painting of the handsome British Lord Denbury. Something in his striking blue eyes calls to her. As his incredibly life-like gaze seems to follow her, Natalie gets the uneasy feeling that details of the painting keep changing...

Jonathan Denbury's soul is trapped in the gilded painting by dark magic while his possessed body commits unspeakable crimes in the city slums. He must lure Natalie into the painting, for only together can they reverse the curse and free his damaged soul.


Psychic Moon Cover Title: Psychic Moon
Author: M.D. Grimm
Genre: Male/Male Paranormal Romance
Publishers: Dreamspinner Press
Release Date: July 27, 2011

Book Description (from Dreamspinner Press):

Humane Officer Derek Wiliams has been toying with the idea of asking out Brian O’Donogue since the veterinarian started working at the Pet Rescue Center two years ago. So why hasn’t he made his move? It’s complicated… but it has something to do with the fact that Derek occasionally likes to run around on four legs instead of two.

Recovering from an abusive relationship and hiding supernatural abilities of his own, Brian takes a chance and agrees to go on a date with Derek. The ensuing relationship is better than either of them could have hoped—until a rogue wolf shifter attacks Brian while he’s walking his dogs. The abrupt attack forces Derek to confront his feelings, but the danger isn’t over. The rogue shifter is out there, and he’s hunting them.

11 comments:

Jan von Harz said...

Very excited about Darker Still. It sounds so mysterious. Great pick!

Evangeline Han said...

Darker Sin sounds really interesting. I enjoyed reading Pride and Prejudice and Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, so it'll be interesting to read a book that contains similar themes and elements!

Lea Christine said...

Darker Still was on my WoW for last week-- it sounds pretty amazing and I love the cover! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier :)

Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

Lalaine said...

Hi im a new follower, Darker Still I think is awesome. This is going to be on my list. Im also a new follower,

care to check out mine and follow me back? LALAINE'S FICBOOKREVIEWS WoW

Greta is Erikasbuddy said...

Great choices! Darker Still sounds neat!

Paranormal Wastelands' WoW:
http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday.html

nix said...

I like the sounds of both of these books!! Darker still sounds very interesting

Thanks for stopping by

Nic
Scorching Book Reviews

Casey (The Bookish Type) said...

Yes! I'm dying for Darker Still! It sounds very dark indeed!

Kaity said...

I'm soooo excited for Darker Still. Gorgeous cover, amazing summary... I really hope it lives up to my expectations.
I don't read any m/m, just not my thing, but I enjoy looking at the covers for them :D

Tiffany said...

I'm really excited for Darker Still as well!

Nina @ Death, Books, and Tea said...

Darker Still looks like it will be really good. Hope you enjoy these! And I was so damn upset when Ianto died...I love Jack and Ianto together...I miss him. You like the new series?

waiting for kennedy said...

Thanks a lot for sharing us.I enjoyed very much to read about Darker still.It was so much excitement.Great job.
waiting for kennedy