Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Review: Rumor Has It by Jill Shalvis

Rumor Has It by Jill Shalvis
Series: Animal Magnetism, Book 4
Publisher: Berkley
Genre: Contemporary Romance Rumor Has It Cover
Release Date: November 5, 2013
ISBN: 9780425255827
Buy it here: Amazon | B&N
Jill Shalvis Reading Order

At eighteen, Griffin Reid wanted nothing more than to enlist in the army and get out of Sunshine, Idaho. Now, having gotten far too close to an IED, he’s back in his hometown to recuperate and figure out what he wants to do next. Despite its name, Sunshine is filled with plenty less-than-sunny memories for Griffin, but the now ex-solider does manage to find something to smile about: Kate Evans. His sister’s best friend is all grown up and as sexy as they come. She’s also off-limits, by decree of his sister. Yet there’s no denying the sexual tension between Griffin and Kate, and before long he finds himself falling for the brainy beauty. But Kate’s at a crossroads in her life as well, and love might not be enough for the two of them to build a relationship that lasts.

Jill Shalvis has the magic touch when it comes to blending humor and heart! Rumor Has It has everything I’ve come to expect from a Jill Shalvis novel: a sexy alpha hero, a heroine I’d love to be friends with, sparkling dialogue, sensual love scenes, endearing secondary characters, and a story I simply couldn't put down.

Kate is one of my favorite heroines of Ms. Shalvis’s. She’s giving, caring, smart, and quite funny. Her propensity for spouting off science facts when she’s nervous made me smile and often laugh out loud. Kate always puts others before herself and one of the great joys in reading Rumor Has It was watching her overcome her doubts and go for what she truly wanted. Griffin, in turn, is a delicious hero whose wounds are more than skin-deep. His tempestuous relationship with his father has a bigger impact on him than he lets on and I was rooting for him to work things out with his dad. As a couple, Griffin and Kate have chemistry to spare. They complement one another perfectly and it’s easy to become engrossed in their romance.

Rumor Has It has some truly compelling scenes, but a lot of them are in the last third of the book. This made the story a bit of a slow burn read for me, but nevertheless I thoroughly enjoyed Griffin and Kate’s book. I haven’t (yet) read the first three Animal Magnetism books, but that didn’t hinder my reading experience any. I am, however, extremely excited to read Animal Magnetism, Animal Attraction, and Rescue My Heart. All the past heroes and heroines appear in Rumor Has It, and if I didn’t already own their books I’d be rushing out to get them (Adam, of Rescue My Heart, was to-die-for).

Jill Shalvis never disappoints and Rumor Has It is a wonderful addition to any contemporary romance fan’s collection. I absolutely adored Kate, Griffin, and their loved ones (Kate’s brother, Tommy, stole the show for me), and I cannot wait to read more Animal Magnetism books!

0 comments: